Below are several resources to support you in working with your student in math.
New Resource for Math 1 - Mathematics Vision Project (MVP) - http://www.mathematicsvisionproject.org/
Released Forms of the End-of-Grade (EOG) Test
Below are links to released versions of the math EOG/EOC. These are great "self checks" for students as they prepare for the EOG.
Helpful Websites and Additional Resources
There are countless websites that can provide assistance to both students and their parents. The list below is just a starting point of exploration. Some of the sites listed below will provide additional practice of identified skills through the completion of problems. Others will reinforce skills through the use of games.
- NCDPI Wiki - Resources from the NC Department of Public Instruction
- Math.com - Glossary, calculators, formulas and tables, homework help, practice and games.
- Math Is Fun - Illustrated math dictionary
- Kuta Software - Practice worksheets
- IXL - practice problems- there are a limited number you can do without needing to pay for a subscription.
- Thinking Blocks - Practice problems for addition, multiplication, fractions and ratios.
- Figure This - Challenge problems
- NCTM Illuminations - Additional math activities
- Ask Dr. Math – Homework help and formulas
- Cool Math Games - Math games
- AAA Math - Interactive math lessons
- National Library of Virtual Manipulatives – interactive activities and manipulatives for math topics
- Kahn Academy - Videos on many math topics created by teachers
- TI Calculators - Texas Instruments website that has activities and download applications for TI calculators
- SAS Curriculum Pathways - Interactive lessons for students. You will need an account but your school should already have one you can link to.
- CMP2 - This website has interactive activities. It is from the makers of CMP2 but is free to anyone to use.
- Web Math - Resources to look through organized by topic.
- Algebra Lab - Great set of review questions that students can choose based on topic
- Math Play - Free online math games
- GeoGebra - A resource where students can create their own drawings like geometer sketchpad but there are also archived pages where other teachers have made their own drawings. For example you can find a drawing proof for the Exterior Angle Theorem.